And then there were TWO!
I made the lighter one from the pallet wood
I stacked a few weeks ago.
I also made the back shorter to try out different designs.
As usual, the second bluebird house went together
much more quickly and easily!
As long as I was in the area, I finished the bowl on the lathe,
a grapefruit bowl again.
This bowl doesn't have the orange coloring in this section of wood but it does include spalting
and a good grain pattern.
I also kept the irregularities in two spots on the rim.
The bowl is 5.5" wide and 2.5" tall.
I worked for house to catch up on the Dakota Inspired QAL;
I had to make 8 more red blocks which I did
and then sewed them into diagonal rows according to instructions--with only a two more to do--no, I didn't miss a row-
it is stacked and ready to tackle first thing in the morning
so I will be able to then prepare for clue #8!