Friday, July 2, 2021

Pops of Color

Yesterday was pretty packed with the doctor's appointment in Daytona Beach but we did stop and I bought another HobbyLobby skein of sock yarn-what a pretty color!  I also worked on the Casablanca Afghan while in the car.  
In the front of the house, my crinum has begun to bloom--I worried that he didn't survive the frost from January but slow but sure it has grown and budded.
In the pool area, the crinum there has really exploded with blooms.  I do love to see a POP of color, don't you?!  

I'm looking forward to being home today-off to dr's appts two days in a row is rough on me!
 

4 comments:

  1. Love those pops of color. I don't know that I've ever seen Crinum. They sure are pretty.

    Our pops are ditch lilies in the back with echinacea and roses in the front. The black eyed susans aren't quite open yet, but they will be soon. The rose of sharon sure is taking it's sweet time. The buds are still tightly closed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a pretty skein.
    All your blooms are just amazing. It's pretty much all green around here now. My hostas are in bloom but the deer have discovered them so every morning I am missing a few more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've heard of Crinum before - they are very pretty. I like your new skein of yarn - fun colors in it. And your crocheting is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love the color you chose for sock yarn. They are such pretty little pops of brightness. You'll have to let us know how that yarn wears. If I remember right it doesn't have any nylon for strength and my kids are pretty hard on their socks so I'm curious about it.
    I've never seen crinum before either. It's beautiful and unusual. Living in Florida is like living in Hawaii, all kinds of different plants than what those of us up north have.
    The crocheting looks great too. I got one whole border on the cozy memories square done yesterday while waiting for Mom at the hospital yesterday. Yay me!!! :-)
    Blessings and love,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...