Thursday, July 15, 2021

FLOATING STARS

I watched a YouTube from Lori Holt on how to make this star she calls Criss Crossed Star and thought it would be the perfect frame for the latest panel quilt I want to make.   What's nice about this star is that it floats on the background-there are no worries about cutting off points when you piece the blocks because the white fabric frames more than a 1/4" to the points--very clever!
I cut up a bunch of 3 1/2" and2 1/2" squares plus a ton of background squares needed to make 16 of the star blocks.
They will be framing this FL panel-all fabrics were purchased on a long ago Shop Hop! 
 

7 comments:

  1. That is going to be such a fun quilt! I love those happy colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool quilt! Love the colors. They look so "Florida" to me. It looks bright and perfect for warm weather.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really going to be cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That will be so nice. I really like the FL panel - very clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori Holt has some fun and clever block patterns. Have you seen her books?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! I love the colours you are using! so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that star and such a great idea! Can't wait to see this quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

POST SURGERY TIME

I was able to get a ton of knitting time in  while in the Surgery Center with Bill yesterday!   He did well but it is harder to have surgery...