Saturday, July 10, 2021

Touching Bases

I've grabbed minutes throughout the week to work on the new bowl on the lathe, this is camphor.  I am on the sanding and polishing phase of this project.
I finished sewing the newly drafted top--it fits nicely except is a bit tighter than I would like in the bust area but I am going to enjoy wearing this linen top.
It has a casual feel which will work with cropped pants or a skirt.  Nice to have a success;  I sew the tank top today!
And I am still spinning for the TDF--the turq and olive roving is all spun on its bobbin and I will begin the last of the gold/white roving today.
 

6 comments:

  1. You picked olive green for a shirt?! That is so shocking! ๐Ÿ˜‰ It will be lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The top turned out great! I just cleaned out my closet and it's pretty much empty. I hated everything I owned and now I have to figure out how to replace it when everything out there is ugly or not made for ladies of a certain age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are definitely keeping yourself busy! The top looks beautiful and perfect for hot humid weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job on the pattern drafting. The top looks comfortable

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both projects are wonderful! Oh, to have such skills with wood. Glad to hear a good report from Dr.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...