Tuesday, July 13, 2021

A NEW WEEK

We started the day heading into the eye doctor's-isn't their office pretty?!  The dr is onboard with the others about the new meds so that is 100% agreement--fantastic..  Did you know that Psoriatic Arthritis affects the eyes, too?  Strange but true. 
 In a few months, I will be experiencing much less pain-something to look forward to, right?!
When we got home, I played a bit with a chunk of wood, a burl actually.  I had to remove most of the bark which was too loose to save.  More on that later this week.
I did some weeding in the front gardens--my flowers aren't the only plants that are growing from all of the rain! 
 This is a thunbergia.
I have completed the camphor bowl.  It is 6" across and 5" high.
And yes, it has a flat spot from the shape of the log I used-it is cool when you see it in person! lol
The grain is fantastic!
And I still have to graft the beginning to the end but the pretty swirl dishcloth is completed!
I will be playing in the studio today!
 

5 comments:

  1. So pretty - all of it., And such good news that all the doctors agree on your meds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Less pain is always a good thing! I’m glad the medication is working. Lovely projects and doctor’s office.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear the meds are the right ones.

    That means feeling much better and getting more crafty stuff done, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you found a cure. My eyes have been bothering me all week and I've had to get out the dry eye drops again. I'm wondering if it is weather related.
    That bowl is so pretty. It looks as if it could be made of ceramic. The shine is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very interested to see what you do with that burl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...