Tuesday, July 6, 2021

How Do Your Flowers Grow?

The daily rain is producing blooms everywhere! 
 The tree crinum is showing off with a 10" flower
 that smells delicious!  
Also a crinum-these are very happy with the rain, too!  The white flower is very aromatic and this fuschia ones are only pleasant smelling.  I didn't realize but even the rain lilies are in the crinum family--there are actually 180 different kinds!
These tiger lilies are mature now at 4 years old and they are holding their own with all of the southern flowers! lol  
These bulbs came when they were so tiny from 
my Dad's garden in NY!
 I planted some zinnias in two pots in April--they are very cheerful in the pool area!  The pkg said assorted colors but only yellow ones have appeared!

I don't know how much we need to move around to protect the flowers from Elsa--will it or will it not impact us?  We always prepare for the worst and hope for the best.  

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful blooms! Hope you are safe in the storm!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your flowers are so pretty. I had never heard of some of them until I started reading your blog! See, the things we can learn from each other. I'll be praying for your safety from Elsa. Take care.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the storm passes you by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am watching Elsa with a cautious eye too. We are in its path for now anyway. We just had a big limb come crashing down in the driveway trapping us in until we could saw it up so I am not looking forward to any big winds right now. We've got enough tree damage being done on a clear day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...