Thursday, July 29, 2021

MANIPULATING YARN

The new kit came for the Casablanca Afghan and it is a very interesting crochet!  I once crocheted with two colors in the same row a long time ago and it was good to learn how to do something new especially when it has such pretty results!  I have to make two more of these blocks so maybe I can have the last one done from memory! lol
 I also used the last little bit of the sock yarn to make a Barbie dress.  I have another one on the needles;  the directions are for knitting it flat but I like to knit in the round so there isn't a seam.  It worked out well because there is enough room in the directions for your own design elements!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, those blocks! I have no idea how you can do that with crochet but it sure is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those blocks are really pretty.
    I would love to knit Barbie clothes, but I don't have anyone to knit them for at this point. Maybe someday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute Barbie dress and those blocks are just the BEST!! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty blocks. That color combo is very Floridian.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful crocheted blocks. It’s fun to watch the progress of the afghan project.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...