Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Tropical Storm Elsa

First thing yesterday morning was battening down our hatches!  We moved all plants against the house and took all of the hanging plants down-the storm is coming from the south west which means the front of the house will take the brunt of the wind.
For good measure, we moved all of the lounge chairs and the plants against the house in the pool area, even though it is on the east side but it is easier to move things now than wish we had in the middle of the storm!  It is looking like we will just get rain and some 20-40mph winds which are much milder than a hurricane!  We will be grateful for the rain and relieved if we miss all of the damaging wind!
I bought a full length mirror and hung it in my bathroom-what a treat to see both halves of me when I get dressed! lol
And I have begun a new summer top-it is navy colored but it is hard to see in the photo.  It has a slipped stitch rib but mostly easy to do as long as I remember which is the right side!  
 

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow!!! Thinking of you and hoping for no damage!!! But god thinking and planning ahead!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for Elsa to skip right past you with nothing other than some rain. Good for you in taking precautions early though.
    The shawl is gorgeous, athough I don't think I could knit with that dark of yarn anymore.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope Elsa passed you by without any damage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay safe! I hope all your plant babies are ok.

    When I have trouble telling front from back on a project, I clip a little removable stitch marker or a safety pin on one side, so I can tell them apart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prepare for the worst and expect the best! It’s a relief to take precautions and not have any damage. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray, you got your mirror! Hope your plants all weather the weather very well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elsa should just be rain when it gets here tomorrow but I went out this morning and bought a bunch of bottled water just in case. I would love that rain but I could do without the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prayers you will be OK through the storm! Hubster got struck by lightning while trying to get chairs secured on our deck a long time ago. Silly guy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...