Thursday, July 8, 2021

Coral Reef Quilt Beginning

I ordered some Hoffman Ombre fabric in the  Cappuccino color to make a new king-sized quilt for my room.  I have a comforter on the bed now and it is too hot for the summer months.  I have chosen a very simple pattern using striped fabric.  You slice the squares in half on the diagonal and then switch the top right of one set and the bottom right of the other--
to make two 'log cabin' type blocks!
I cut off several strips of fabric and square them up and then cut them in half---there are four sets in each strip, each colored in four different tones along the cut which makes pairing them up for the slicing very easy and  it moves right along nicely.I 
I bought a lot of yardage for the quilt because I don't like them skimpy--I like my bed covering to hang down the sides!
This is what I made from 4 strips of fabric.  
It's going to be a good ride while piecing this quilt!
 

5 comments:

  1. The quilt in our room is in very similar colors but is made of simple squares and rectangles. A friend of ours made it for us. I paid for the material and her time. I also like them lots bigger and hanging down the side of the bed. We have a queen size bed but the quilt is even bigger than a king size! I love it.
    It will be fun to see yours come together.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! Those colors are so lovely together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! Where did you find that stripe!!! Glad you were safe from the storms.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...