Friday, October 8, 2021

BAVARIAN STITCH REVISITED

lena is patiently waiting for me to find my yarn for the next row and get the new baby blanket off her!
The color is reading grey here but the top photo is correct!
This is the same stitch I learned a few weeks ago but now it is executed in a granny square type of round and in this way it is called Bavarian stitch instead of Harlequin--
once you get it, it is an easy two row repeat!
Just look at that texture! 
 It is very interesting to crochet, too.
Look at the visitors we enjoyed watching yesterday morning!  
My interpretation of the prompt FAN.
(the paper size I'm using is 5 1/2" x 7 1/2"
and Daler-Rowney paints)


 

7 comments:

  1. That is a really pretty stitch! Fun picture of your wildlife; I love the cranes and deer in the same snapshot. The fan is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful texture! Beautiful creatures!! Very pretty fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely pattern for a blanket! Your fan is beautiful. I thought about that kind of fan for a second and then realized I didn't have the time, patience or talent to go there...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Bavarian stitch is very pretty.

    I'm sure the cranes and deer love the quiet of your yard. Nice that they come where you can see them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Lena! I stack laundry on my oldest when he's on my bed. LOL. Lovely stitch definition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That fan is stunning and the photo makes it look even more beautiful. Lena is being very patient.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...