Thursday, October 28, 2021

THREE SMILES!

I can't believe it but I finished my king-sized coral/brown quilt! 
 I laid it out on the floor and trimmed it all the way around 
and today, I will be putting the binding  on! 
 I can't wait to see it on my bed!
I made another honey dipper-this one from a Crepe Myrtle branch.  I didn't make the narrow part as narrow this time and changed the shape of the handle, too. 
 This 'fits' more comfortably! 
 I also moved the center over so that the pith wasn't the main line of the neck wood--this makes the handle stronger. 
 (you can see the dark streak along the side of the neck instead of at its center. )
 I can't wait to make another one today.
Isn't this a pretty block!?! 
 It is from Hooked by Robin and is very easy to memorize.
But like Lays potato chips, 
you won't be able to make only one! lol  
 

5 comments:

  1. That is a pretty block! I've taken to putting honey in my tea lately but I squeeze mine out of a little bear. How elegant to use a dipper. I've got my great grandmother's beautiful crystal jelly servers with the tiny spoons. They really knew how to display the condiments in those days. No squeezy bears on the table for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAy!!! Can't wait to see it in all its glory!!! Adn those crocheted flowers are so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that sunflower block. Crochet and I don't play well together, but that block makes me want to try again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the Fall colors in this post. Most of the honey produced in this area is a golden amber. I marvel at the different colors from other areas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful dipper. I've never used one but have admired them. Your quilt is going to be lovely.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...