Wednesday, October 27, 2021

WOOD ON WEDNESDAY

I took one of the branches from the wood pile and started a new project today.  I have wanted to try to make a honey dipper!
The Magnolia wood is so light and pretty! 
 I had it shaped in no time and began the pleasurable part
 which is the shaping!
And it went well until it didn't!  All part of the game....

I didn't want to waste the beginning 'bulge' and turned it into a Christmas tree light!  I hope to make a lot of these so the kids can paint them as ornaments for their trees!
My second attempt went much better but I used a different wood-this is Black Walnut.  I think it will work out just fine.  I have already started a second Magnolia branch one-here's hoping!
Yesterday's prompt--CONNECT--
I just had fun with a bit of drawing! lol

5 comments:

  1. A honey dipper is a great idea...as are the wodden lights for the kids to paint. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dipper is a brilliant idea! Is it really frustrating for you when things go wrong or do you just consider it a learning experience? A great idea to turn it into a lightbulb!
    Love your knitted pumpkins and your drawing too.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your creative mind is making some great items. I like both the honey dipper and your drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dipper is just amazing!
    I need that connection under my sink right now. I don't know why I didn't think of that. I did a puzzle.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...