Thursday, October 14, 2021

A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS

I pieced a few more of the blocks and joined them to make my first pumpkin!  There will be three for this table runner.  I do love to see an idea come together when sewing/piecing.
While sock knitting has to be my go-to project every time,
knitting on this child's sweater is my favorite pattern;  when I knit it again, it is like being with an old friend!  My Mom used to knit this sweater for me, I knit it for my daughter and even my grand daughters.  It is from Jiffy Knits a Coats & Clark's book No. 158.  

The prompt for yesterday was ROOF and so I painted my idea of a beautiful home-it has a balcony and a courtyard in the back!  The copper roof is the point of the painting but I couldn't help adding all of the other essential details!
 

8 comments:

  1. Great projects. I have a few vintage patterns that I enjoy knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some patterns are like old friends. When I re-did the stash room I seemed to have misplaced most of mine and I'm heartbroken about it because you can't find the oldies on Ravelry or anywere else anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your pumpkin. I've made many of the same cardigan for Piper and her cousins. I know what you mean about old friends.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe your granddaughter will some day knit that sweater for HER children or maybe even for YOU.

    Love your pumpkin. That is going to make a lovely Thanksgiving runner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to chat your blog, I seem to be forward to more reliable articles and I think we all wish to thank so many good articles, blog to share with us. Bio

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...