Sunday, October 3, 2021

SOCKS ON SUNDAY and INKTOBER BEGINS!

I started this pair of socks in the Hermione pattern--it has a very subtle dark green value but it is for all intents and purposes like a  black yarn and very hard to work on at night! 

Even so, I have very good lighting for my evening knitting and I couldn't do it without it!  

I've made a little notebook with real watercolor paper for the daily watercolors.  I do not join a group to participate; 
 I just like the personal challenge!
I bought this little metallic watercolor set--
with all of these highly reflective colors because I knew the first day had---
the prompt of CRYASTAL.  
I knew what I wanted to make and had fun drawing it out. 
 The paints just add to the sparkle which was fun to paint!
The prompt for yesterday was an immediate idea, too--
this is the suit of the South!

5 comments:

  1. Socktober and Inktober!!! You are off to a great start. I like the book idea. All my Inktober cards are just rubber banded together. You are so tempting me to try to catch up but I don't even know where I would set up my paints at this point. Darn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I want fried chicken! And your socks in dark colors are twice as admirable

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great sock pattern, isn't it? You are so brave to knit with such a dark color! And you certainly are multi-talented; I had no idea you could also watercolor. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post. I love the sock color although I would only be knitting them during hte day and Colonel Sanders makes me hungry of Extra Crispy chicken. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLAYING WITH BLOCKS!

Both tops for the QuiltsforKids are finished now!  A good, fun mix.  I will load them right up to quilt them and get them sent back to be gi...