Wednesday, October 6, 2021

WOOD ON WEDNESDAY

We had errands to run in DeLand, about an hour south of us, 
and on the way, we found this unusual place of business--
a woodworker and carver.  We enjoyed talking with him and looking through all of the slabs of cedar and camphor mostly.  He also makes garden art from the driftwood he collects;  
it was a delight to the senses!
I came home with a chunk of Cypress!
  I can't wait to turn it on the lathe
 and see what it looks like inside!
After the shopping, we treated ourselves to homemade ice cream!  Bill had a vanilla soft serve with sprinkles and I had a cone called Almond Joy-yup, that is just what it tastes like!
Day 4's prompt was KNOT--so I made a Celtic knot--
I picture it being on a Viking's cape as a clasp!
Here it is in the sunshine--I used some of the metallic paint to give it a real shimmer! 
And for Day 5, the prompt was a Raven. 
 One of my favorite birds.

8 comments:

  1. Love your Raven! and how cool to come upon the woodworker!! Sounds like it was a fun day out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting with bated breath to see the “guts” of that cypress emerge! :) I didn’t remember that Dad loves the s.s. vanilla with sprinkles…he passed that gene on to me, because I pick that anytime I get a chance. The paintings are beautiful; I would like to make a homemade pretzel that looks like that knot! The metallic paint is gorgeous, and the raven is very majestic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat place. My brother likes to make wooden things (Like Squirrelingtons) and I used to tease him about having a wood dealer... seriously - a guy he knew with a barn full of wood for all kinds of projects from carving to carpentry... but sadly, I can't tease him any more. That barn burned down and all that awesome wood went up in flames

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ll take the SS vanilla but pass on the sprinkles. ๐Ÿ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of those cones sound, and look, delcious but I'll try an Almond Joy too please. I do have to say that I believe that you are the only friend of mine who would come home with a chunk of wood as a souvenir. :-)
    Beautiful paintings too. I immediately thought of a pretzel! I must be hungry, I haven't had breakfast yet.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. How neat! I love wood pieces, we have a few limbs from our friends property in Colorado that are worn and weathered. And I adore your Raven!!! And your plans for the runner are perfect! And also perfect is your sweater!!! You look great modeling it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that ice cream!!! It's the one thing I miss since my gall bladder went awol.
    Your Inktober projects are wonderful. I love seeing what everyone comes up with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Bill ..... soft serve and sprinkles!!! YUM!

    Your Celtic knot is BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...