Thursday, November 17, 2022

FOUND WOOD EXCITEMENT!

Bill and I noticed a pile of wood chunks that someone had left after removing this tree from in the road after the last Hurricane.  Since it was a tree we didn't recognize and the color of the inside wood was light colored--Bill knew what I was thinking and offered to stop and put some in the truck for me!
I mean, look at this wood!  It is fresh wood-not rotten or dried from laying down for a long time!
Some of the chunks were large 
but some he stocked in the truck were smaller, too.
If you recognize the bark or the wood, let me know!
I saw a new way to make a scrubby from nylon netting;  This is two sided and extra nylon is stuffed between the laters to add some oomph!  I will try a smaller hook and make several more to perfect my technique but I like the idea of beefing up the single layer scrubby!



 

10 comments:

  1. Nice find. What will you do with it? The scrubby looks like it'll do the job it's intended for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you'll be having fun and being busy for awhile - enjoy that wood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bark doesn't look quite shaggy enough, but could it be river birch?

    The scrubby looks like it would get the job DONE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That was a nice find. I can only imagine the beautiful things that will emerge on your lathe.
    I've made scrubbies like you describe and they definitely work really well. The netting is so hard on my hands though that I don't enjoy making them at all. I'm going to have to bite the bullet though and make a few. Mine are all gone.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wood appears to have an interesting grain pattern. You'll have fun discovering even more details when you start turning it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats so cool!!! You will have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful wood! I've been out splitting wood this afternoon and do enjoy seeing all the lovely colors and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you have some plans for that wood! Interesting addition to the scrubby you made, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous wood! But where did you find the pattern for the scrubbie? I am thinking I need to undo my bath puffs and reuse the nylon for dish scrubbies!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...