Wednesday, August 7, 2024

WOOD ON WEDNESDAY

I have a new vase on the lathe out of brown birch wood. 
 Today, I will be drilling out the center for the flower stems.
Bill and I did some rearranging and cleaning in my wood shop.  We found a new shelf that was much larger and stronger and restacked the wood I've chosen for future projects. 
 I do like to work in a neatened area!
We took an unexpected trip to St Augustine because my fancy sewing machine needed a part so I have my portable machine in its place until I get mine back next week!  I'm thankful for the back-up machine because I would have withdrawals otherwise! lol
We had this glorious sunset last night and about five minutes later, it poured!  Debby had to take one last swipe at us!
 

6 comments:

  1. Glad you were out of the main path of Debby. That is one beautiful vase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a backup machine is wonderful. Love the new vase on the lathe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sunset is gorgeous. We are waiting for Debby to show up tonight. We could use the rain. This summer has been so dry.
    I like having my machine and dad's here. I'm always dragging dad's out to do some little thing so I don't have to interrupt the project on my machine. I can't believe I let it sit in the downstairs all these years gathering dust.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd never thought about a wooden vase. Ingenious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful creations you are making. I love the green gingham check piece. And the sheen on the wood is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That vase is going to be beautiful! You are a woman of so many talents.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

YOU NEVER KNOW

 I’ve been missing from my blog and missing almost from life since the  doctor misdiagnosed my stomach pain last week through shoddy doctori...