Saturday, August 10, 2024

WOOD WORKS FOR ME!

The Brown Birch wooden vase is completed 
and holding a pretty spray of carnations!

Then I moved on to some other wooden projects that have been percolating in my brain!
It was fun to do a bit of paint pouring on this board.
Once it had been sanded to reveal the under colors, I applied the lettering I had cut out on the Cricut.
There is a hanger on the back and now it is ready to grace a wall.  (The phrase is from our recent Bible study of the same name.)     3 1/2" x 18"
Next up was this larger wall plaque I made from pallets wood a long time ago and could never commit to finishing. (18' x 10 1/2")
 This was a major reason for getting the Cricut--so I could have professional lettering on signage!  I painted this with diluted acrylic paint and again, when dry, I sanded it to reveal the lightly spray-painted base of white below.  The only thing I wish I had done was to seal it with lacquer before I put the lettering on but I was so anxious to get going with the words, I forgot!  
Next time because the next project is already drafted!
 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Weathered wood is one of my weaknesses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I just got the machine set up and did my "Cricut" first cut. My first project is going to be cutting out 60 pin cushions for name tags at our Retreat in less than a month. Eek!! I need to get learning. Love the vase, the weaving and the signage!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That vase is so lovely!
    What can't those Cricuts do? I had no idea they were so versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My niece has a cricut, and we've had waaaay to much fun with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

YOU NEVER KNOW

 I’ve been missing from my blog and missing almost from life since the  doctor misdiagnosed my stomach pain last week through shoddy doctori...