Thursday, April 6, 2023

BLISS

First snuggles after a very hard day of travel...helped to melt away the stress.  (I'm showing them pics from our flight-from beaches to snowy mts!
Grandpa enjoyed playing with Noah, newest grandchild (#9) who will soon be one-it's been a hard year to schedule a visit 
but we are making up for it now!
Noah is busy and curious about all gadgets and how things work.  
Yesterday morning, we enjoyed crafting Dotz after breakfast.  
We woke up to 34* temps which are a bit of a jolt but is not going to deter us!  This is the view from the big picture window 
just to the left of the dining room table!
When you see trees like this,
 you understand that this area is a rain forest!
At noontime, it had warmed up into the 50's so we ventured down the hill to the creek bed below to rock hound!
  What a blissfull few hours we enjoyed! Some of the creek was open and enjoyable to walk and then in other areas, we had to duck up and over branches which was quite a work-out!
Through the tough terrain, the girls were very helpful
 and we shared a ton of laughter!
We are sitting on a ledge here swinging our feet out 
so you can see the drop! lol
We haven't yet cleaned all the rocks we hauled up to the house but so far, this one is my favorite!
  It is a large piece of green jasper--there's tons of it here!  
 

5 comments:

  1. So much fun! Please share hugs from me! -Marsel

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing like grandchildren waiting after a long day of flying. It looks like your day was filled from top to bottom. Grandpa is pretty good at that "horsey ride" on his foot. Our kids have all liked those.
    Take care and enjoy every moment.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you'll bring home lots of souvenir rocks from the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the first two photos! Enjoy your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great trip with so much to see and do!!! Your Grands are adorable. My big Grands are spending Easter break in CO skiing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...