Sunday, April 30, 2023

SOCKS AND GARDENS

The second pair of shorty socks is finished!  I need to dye some Bare yarn in the stash so I can make another pair of socks!
I ate a few sugar snap peas yesterday!
  They were extra good to me!
And I need to extend my fencing for the peas-they are getting very tall.  I will be cutting some small bamboo canes
 and weave the grid higher!
The green beans are full oof blooms
 and looking lush and pretty, too!
The zuchini and summer squash are full of blooms
 but also some baby fruit;
and isn't it cute?!
The bell peppers are doing their thing--I can already taste the stuffed pepper dish I will use these for!
I'm growing banana peppers which I enjoy stuffing and roasting!
But some other members of my neighborhood (deer) have discovered my garden!!!  Bill put up a large barrier so they can look but not touch my peas, beans or squash!  I don't think they will bother the peppers--we'll see if it works!

3 comments:

  1. I only ever grew those beans once and they were so good. I had a bumper crop one year and could never even get them started the next few years so I gave up on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, fresh peas straight from the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful socks! I can't believe your garden is already producing. We haven't even been able to plant yet. At least the middle of May before putting anything in the ground. It froze here last night. Everything looks so good, especially the beans. I love, love, love green beans from the garden.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...