Wednesday, April 12, 2023

DASH POINT

We went to a pretty beach along Puget Sound.
The sky and water are beautifully reflecting each other instead of grey of the last week!
We had a slow leisurely walk looking for beach glass.
And lots more rocks very much the ones we could find along the creek!
There were driftwood, stones and sand in abundance--we all found treasures!
I found a lot of sea glass and Bill even found a sand dollar!
This guy is a trooper and dozed and talked most of the walk.
There were housing and marinas all along the roads...
And amidst the steel scrap yards and dock yards there were pretty parks tucked in for the calm among the busy--very refreshing!
We ended our walk with a visit to this ice cream store where we all enjoyed a treat.
This guy was duly impressed with some ice cream!
After a quick flurry of texts with my parents-we got the address to the first home I was brought to and this park, Wright Park,  which was only a few blocks away where I enjoyed buggy rides.  It was nice to see the lions were cared for after all of these years!
And this was my first home--my Dad was in the army so they rented the upstairs here.  It is undergoing a bit of renovation which is encouraging because just a year ago it had a row of tents in front of the houses on this street.  Tacoma has done well to disperse the 'homeless' that squatted in every nook and cranny of this city bringing filth and crime to the area.  It was nice to see so much improved along those lines!
 

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful trip!!! Thst is cool to see a house you lived in! and even better that things are improving

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a beautiful part of the country. That water town reminds me of the bay here but I bet the water is cleaner than our filthy bay. Poor thing. Everyone up north keeps pouring yuck into it and this increased warm weather isn't helping. I saw jelly fish floating by all winter. So weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Puget sound is so beautiful. We used to visit it when we lived in Washington, although we usually went north of Seattle instead of the Tacoma area. We would drive I-5 between Portland, OR and Seattle, WA often. Mandy lived in Portland and we had friends in Bothell, north of Seattle. We would drive along the Columbia Gorge one direction and then along Stevens Pass on Highway 2, going home. Usually stopping in Leavenworth, WA, a touristy Bavarian Village. It was a dying small town until the city voted to make it over into a Bavarian Village to try to save it. It worked! Now it's busy all year round and beautiful at the foot of the east side of the Cascade mountains.
    I'm glad you're having such a great time with your sweet family. I'm so homesick for spring in Spokane right now. I'm very glad you're there this year.
    I'm also glad that Tacoma has tackled the problem of the homeless. We, of course, had heard from a lot of friends about the issues the entire area has had.
    Enjoy your time.
    Blessings and love,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...