Tuesday, April 11, 2023

A CAR MUSEUM!

Since we were all getting a bit cabin fevered, Jared took us to a car museum just a few minutes from their home.  The girls weren't sure they were going to like it but they sure did-we had a wonderful time!
Krystle 'lined' me up with the steering wheel so I could look like I was resting my arm on the car even though it wasn't 'allowed'.  
I'd never heard of this-a 1946 Tucker....
and it had 3 headlights!  Can you imagine him driving at you?!
There were lots of interactive areas--I did manage to get everyone in this picture--and for the record, Bill's car won!
The girls (and grown-ups) loved sitting in this one cuz when you pushed the dash buttons, there were sound effects--great fun!
This one is for Dee--it was pretty ornate!
And I hope you can see the info on it, too!
I would love one of these--they are all the rage around here--of course, there are a lot of people who are reliving the 70's in their 70's! lol
Look at this boat--just what a car should still be like in my opinion! 1970 Olds, if I remember right.
And this was the view out the entrance--I love the arch!
 

6 comments:

  1. Cool cars! They made a movie about the Tucker https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096316/ Lovely family photos, how blessed to spend time with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an "oldie". Thanks for taking a photo of it.

    Many of the stations around here have their "antique". Ours isn't THAT old -- 1932. Lambertville, NJ (not far from us) has a really cool oldie. I'll have to see if I can get a photo of it this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try to see the movie “Tucker” : it depicts the difficulties the other automobile manufacturers threw at Preston Tucker. It’s a wonder he even managed to manufacture fifty cars before they closed him down. It’s a good movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a van just like that one back in the 70's. I traded it in for a beetle because I couldn't park the darn thing. I was never good a parallel parking and it was impossible in that big thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that looks like a great time for everyone! Car races, sitting in the cars with sound effects, etc. I would love one of those VW vans. Any kind of camper van would do to take on short trips. I'm trying to talk Dennis into putting a canopy on the truck with a mattress inside to travel with.
    I'm glad you're having such a wonderful time with your grandchildren.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...