Wednesday, April 26, 2023

PLEASURES

This is what tropical milkweed looks like. 
 It is in bloom throughout our property.
If you look closely, you will see that some of the pods are bursting with seeds that the winds take and spread even farther abroad!  (Are those seeds on the one pod? I had to go and look it up and they were aphids so I pinched them off !)  
These tall plants are red ginger plants-prettier flowers than the white ginger but their aroma just doesn't compare!
  Ok, they do have a very pleasant smell but it is very subtle.
I did fnish sewing the mini--petals blocks all together--correcting any arrangement errors and a few stitching ones, too!  I will attach a narrow grey inner border (which I have) but will have to purchase additional fabric for the blue ourter border it needs.
And yes, I am still knitting hats on the Sentro knitting machines--mostly making babies' and childrens' hats.
And this package arrived today!  Just you wait and see what I am going to make with these materials!
 

5 comments:

  1. The red ginger looks so pretty. I may need to get one (maybe for a houseplant?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My milkweed got tonnes of those little orange aphids last year. So did my false sunflower.

    Love that hat! It looks very squishy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting to see the milkweeds that grow in your area. The ones in the West are similar. Looking forward to your new project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty flowers! Ugh! APHIDS! The bane of every gardener.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got a big stash of alcohol ink so I know what that's for. The glue has me confused though. You certainly have my attention.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...