Saturday, April 8, 2023

JOY UPON JOY

After a morning of watching Noah while dil had to go to doctor's, we took advantage of the little bit of sunshine and headed to the creek.  Since there had been two days of drizzle, the creek was flowing a lot more this time-we all ended up with wet feet!
Some of the rocks are boulder size...
while most are football sized.  We look at the center where the smaller rocks are because lugging around large ones isn't as much fun as a bunch of pretty SMALLER ones! lol  One of the science lessons that get discussed during our rock hounding!
This is a beauty but I couldn't barely pick it up so I just petted it and left it behind!  It really is a deep green!
There are also lots of large red jasper
 but green is the dominant color!
Some of the areas we have to transverse look like this! 
 Yup, under, over and through is our motto!
And when we are tired, thristy and wet we still have to climb the 300' bank to home-which you can see at the very top of this picture.  After the rain, the bank is slippery and hard to get a good foot hold--there are a lot of sliding back down when you hardly have any oomph left!  I did a lot of sitting and resting but was determined to climb it all the way myself! 
 I'm slow but definitely determined!
It's fun to unwind for a bit before dinner and then savor the joy of bathing this guy....he has a tub of toys and what does he want to do?  Figure out the faucet and shower button! lol 
 The men in our family are all mechanically inclined 
and Noah is well on his way to 'figuring it out!'
 

3 comments:

  1. Wonderfulness!! ♥️ -Marsel

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a rock hunter's paradise! That photo of the little one in the tub is precious. I'd have to have that one framed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are having a grand old time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...