Wednesday, July 5, 2023

SHOWER RUNNERS

In September, we will be hosting a wedding shower for a young woman in church.  Her favorite season is Autumn so we found just the right fabric to make some table runners to accent the sage green table cloths.
My friend, Mary and I cut up the 14" x 84" runners
 and then turned a rolled edge on them!
That 7' lasted a long run until the corners! lol  But I am glad to say, the runners are done and stored until it is time to decorate.  No procrastination allowed.
I stopped to buy some solids to fill in the blank blocks for the court house steps scraps that highlights a shoe in each block!  This will be what I piece next!
 

3 comments:

  1. The table runners will be a lovely, elegant touch to the decorations. The quilt colors are kind of the hot summer colors I like but a little more in your earthy tones! -Marsel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely runners! Courthouse steps...shoes. I get it now. Those solid blocks will be fun to quilt when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is perfect fabric for a fall wedding shower.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

QUILTS FOR KIDS . ORG

I almost finished the girls' kit at quilting group yesterday.   Isn't it sweet?  The fabrics coordinate so nicely,  even if I am not...