Saturday, July 8, 2023

NICE TO VISIt and NOT TRAVEL!

Mom's Hoya plant is in bloom again--I so enjoy seeing it when I visit!  What a beautiful 3" clump of flowers!
The kitchen window has some new African Violets--this one has to have the largest display of flowers I've ever seen!  Easily it is 5" wide and 3" high!
The robins were so busy this morning;  there was a bit of rain through the night and they were all looking for the worm!  I have enjoyed listening to the birds--it is so busy around the whole yard!
Dad's roses are not only beautiful but they smell delicious!
Mom and I bought 5 skeins of dishcloth cotton (one is still on her needles so not on the sill) and then will make a bunch of different combinations of these for the dishcloths we knit while we visit-
and laugh!
 

5 comments:

  1. It's so nice to go home again. Being with my parents and re-living the old times together used to be such a treat. I miss that so much. Treasure every minute you get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! Enjoy those special moments!

      Delete
  2. Pretty flowers. And I love the log cabin type design of the dishcloth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are having a wonderful visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the Hoya photo! I have 3 of them but only one has bloomed. (I am not crazy though about the flowers' smell.:>)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

QUILTS FOR KIDS . ORG

I almost finished the girls' kit at quilting group yesterday.   Isn't it sweet?  The fabrics coordinate so nicely,  even if I am not...