Sunday, July 9, 2023

A LESSON IN GAUGE

So Mom finished her dishcloth and even though we were using the same yarn and the same needles, mine was smaller than hers!  
Later in the day we were working out a granny ssquare layout for a baby blanket and we see that my squares are all bigger than hers even though I ws using a smaller hook than she was using!  We got tired of trying to figure it out and decided to sleep on it!  I hope to tackle it fresh this morning after church!
Yesterday, my sister had some demolition going on!  She lives next door to my parents.  The men had removed all of the decking from the house to the pool .  In a few days the pool will be removed, too, because they are getting an in ground pool!  Fun to see the work getting done for her while I am here.
 

3 comments:

  1. Gauge is a mysterious thing. I've yet to figure it out myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pick one piece and let the other person try to match it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting that on the granny squares yours would be bigger than hers when you used a smaller hook. My tension is always changing, especially depending on time of day or how tired I am.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

QUILTS FOR KIDS . ORG

I almost finished the girls' kit at quilting group yesterday.   Isn't it sweet?  The fabrics coordinate so nicely,  even if I am not...