Thursday, July 27, 2023

STITCHES

I saw this pattern and  couldn't wait to make this doily! 
 It is designed for multiple colors but I knew I had some grey crochet cotton that would be just right!  I'm a little rusty at the small string and hook project but it is working out well overall. 
I am using a new-to-me cotton called Artiste Mercerized Egyptian Cotton. (#10)  I chose it for the color and it feels like any other crochet cotton I've ever used.  I'm using a number 7 steel hook.
And I am ready to begin the gusset increases on the new sock.  I'm doing a zig-zag up the side. Other than dropping my cable needle every few minutes, it is going well! In fact, I am on my second cable needle because the first one disappeared!  I  had tucked it in my watch strap to use on every other row, got up and did something in the kitchen and when I came back, no needle!  lol
And I even loaded and began a quilt on the frame! 
 Nice to have the house full of stitching again!

4 comments:

  1. Love the bright happy quilt - and the churn dash blocks!!! That crocheting is Beautiful!! its so delicate and lacy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dropped a metal dblpt needle yesterday and spent a ridiculous time looking for it. I even got out my magnetic wand thing and even after I found it I managed to drop it again right off the wand. It was like a comedy skit, it was so ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Working with crochet thread is interesting. I’ve knit a few doilies over the years. It’s a challenge to handle the thin thread, but satisfying to have a beautiful doily in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you go girl! The doily is beautiful. I almost always use ecru but the grey is beautiful. You're moving right along on the sock too. You get so much done.
    Blessings and love,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

QUILTS FOR KIDS . ORG

I almost finished the girls' kit at quilting group yesterday.   Isn't it sweet?  The fabrics coordinate so nicely,  even if I am not...