Friday, July 28, 2023

TAKING A DAY TRIP!

We had an adventure day!  We packed a lunch and headed out to Kelly State Park and when we got there, they were turning people away as they had hit capacity!  A quick search on Google and we found another Spring only 15 minutes away!  It was a very fun time once we got over the disappointment of the change!  
This park is called Wekiwa Sptinhd State park.
The water is cold-but once you get over that, it was very refreshing!  It is deep all around the large limestone boulders so it is a welcome haven as you swim around 
enjoying the crystal clear water!

Once we convinced Bill to get over the initial jolt of cold so he could enjoy the water, he did! 

In fact, he thoroughly enjoyed searching for rocks on the bottom and collected quite a few!
We will identify these and make a display of them--what a wonderful family adventure!


6 comments:

  1. Fun! Looks like a lovely place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rock Springs is a really nice park too. There are a couple of places where you can search for shark's teeth --- they are in the quicksand areas along the walking paths, if I remember correctly.

    Rocks springs also has a run where you can slide down. It's a lot of fun. (IF they still let you do that. They did when we lived there.)

    Looks like you had a good time at Wekiva.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you found an alternative!! being cool is what its all about haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like heaven. The water is so warm here in the condo pool that it's not worth getting into on these hot days. It's supposed to be "feel like" temp of 120F today! I'm staying inside.
    I'm sorry for the initial disappointment you had, but it looks like you found a wonderful substitute. Not very crowded. The boys look as if they had a great time!
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's the way to spend a hot day. I was just looking enviously at the seniors slow walking around the lazy river at the waterpark this morning. Nothing would convince me to get in that water but it sure looked cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a wonderful spot for swim!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

QUILTS FOR KIDS . ORG

I almost finished the girls' kit at quilting group yesterday.   Isn't it sweet?  The fabrics coordinate so nicely,  even if I am not...