Sunday, January 28, 2024

SATURDAY IDEAS

I took a long time to get going yesterday; 
 I've had too many evenings out!  I did finally manage to put the binding on the rainbow quilt
It's labeled and ready to head to the washer/dryer
 and then to the donation pile!
I saw a cool YouTube video on making this hat with the Granny Square All in One yarn.  I made two hats, an earwarmer headband and have enough left for another headband.  It is made with what she calls the Moss stitch in crochet;  it is my favorite stitch for dishcloths so it was an easy stitch to make, albeit in the round this time!  She also recommended a larger hook (k) and the yarn was lofty enough to make it a very nice density for a hat!
This hat is following her pattern-almost. 
 I wanted the top to be less gathered and more tapered.
  It was better but too slouchy for my taste.
The second hat turned out even better!
  A very enjoyable adventure in crochet!
Bill has been working on making old boards usable for a platform for the lanai furniture-more on it later.
We will be nailing it together next week on location!
 

6 comments:

  1. Those boards are beautiful! Great idea for the pool area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice hats! Your crochet ability is impressive. I love anything with rainbows, and that quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finish on the quilt! Those hats are lovely. I had to look twice because at first I thought it was a photo from the designer's page-they looked so professionally done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

QUILTS FOR KIDS . ORG

I almost finished the girls' kit at quilting group yesterday.   Isn't it sweet?  The fabrics coordinate so nicely,  even if I am not...