Tuesday, January 16, 2024

HELLO KNITTING, MY OLD FRIEND

I wanted to knit a pair of the Tough & Toasty mitts again because this weekend will be very chilly for us and might even hit a frost alert.  I will be prepared with a scarf and wearing these matching mitts.  The yarn is handspun from Merino/silk.  I will be making these again in the new handspun yarn as soon as I knit the dropped stitch scarf first!
We were visited all day by this large flock of turkeys.
  They chatter away as they eat-it is very relaxing to watch them!
 

6 comments:

  1. We used to have wild turkeys here - not all that long ago (10 years?), but I have not seen any in quite some time. I miss seeing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing what a different the mitts make! One of the pairs you’ve made me is just short enough to not rub on my wrist incision, which has been great! -Marsel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mitts are so fun to make and great to wear of chilly days. It’s been a couple of years since I’ve seen wild turkeys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's finally going to be cold enough here in the next few days to finally get out my mitts. That's a great pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had wild turkeys in Spokane and we have them here too. I don't remember them being around when I was a kid though.
    Your mitts are so pretty. Fun pattern. It's -16F outside right now, I'm not sure of the wind chill. Just that it's cold and we have lots of errands today since we're leaving tomorrow.
    Stay warm.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really do have to try that pattern one of these days!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

QUILTS FOR KIDS . ORG

I almost finished the girls' kit at quilting group yesterday.   Isn't it sweet?  The fabrics coordinate so nicely,  even if I am not...