Wednesday, January 24, 2024

JUST GIVE ME A HOME DAY!

I've been experimenting with my different knitting machines making ear warmers--I made one on the larger Addi that turned out 7" wide. (I gave it to a friend already!)  This one is on the 40 needle Sentro and it is 5" wide.  I was also trying out a new yarn which is JoAnns' brand called Big Twist.  It works great on the machines, I'm glad to say.
My friend is a Georgia Bulldogs fan, hence the red and black combinations.  This one is for her son;  it is only 3" wide.    It's good to have a reference for future projects!
Yes, the quilt will look better with the borders.  Now that they are cut to size, I will be sewing them on today.  I enjoyed flitting from project to project today!
I did finish Clue #1 on Stars like Spaghetti quilt-a-long. 
 The new clue comes out today so I am ready!
I almost finished quilting the rainbow batiks but I ran out of thread and was ready to get off my feet!  Another job for today.
And I put the last stitches on the shawl that is like wearing a narrow afghan!  It is so warm and soft.  I am going to block it to open up the stitches a bit.
There are many ways to wear it and it will double as a lap blanket as needed.  This was made with an I hook and DK weight yarn, Mandala cakes (2 1/2) in Echo Caves.  It won't be worn again for a week because we are in for some very mild weather!  I took a nap out on the patio lounge today;  it was wonderful to just sit and enjoy the sound of birds and the breeze in the trees!


 

5 comments:

  1. Goodness gracious! You have been BUSY! One great thing after another. You sure are making up for all that time you lost when you were ill. I've got several things close to being done but can't work up the energy. Rain makes me so lazy and we've got plenty of it on the way any minute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure do get a lot done, and they are all beautiful! Somehow I didn't know you had a kitty helper. And a cute one at that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful and fun projects! I love your finished shawl…gorgeous. So how do you like the Sentro?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always get so much done! Love the Log Cabin blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been super busy! I have the smaller knitting machine, I like the look of those ear warmers... how many rows do you make? xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

QUILTS FOR KIDS . ORG

I almost finished the girls' kit at quilting group yesterday.   Isn't it sweet?  The fabrics coordinate so nicely,  even if I am not...