Wednesday, January 3, 2024

GOLDILOCKS SEWING!

Can you see the problem with the NICU incubator blankets
 I made yesterday?!  
The first one I made (bottom) was too large.  I corrected my math and the second one (top) was too small! By then I was in a panic!  I started with a clean piece of paper and and looked at the blanket and found out what I was doing wrong!  It was the double folded envelope hem.  I needed to add only one width of the hem allowance not two because it was folded over itself.  The one that was too small, I didn't add the seam allowance for both sides....just my brain and math having a slight disagreement! 
 The blue one is just right! 
 You can be sure I wrote all the directions so when I make the other two today, I won't have to invent the wheel again!
   
The fabrics are cute and I believe they (the hospital) will still use the odd blankets, I am sure  hoping!
And I am glad I ended the studio time on a win
 since I have more to make! lol
 

7 comments:

  1. So cute! Anything that involves makes me panic anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Math and brains - hahaha. cute fabrics and I'm sure the "wrong" sized blankets will be used and loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can be sure that those blankets will be used with grateful hearts. :-) I loved the goldilocks theme. lol That fabric is just too cute.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. They sure are cute.

    If the hospital will not take them, you might check with your local shelter OR sometimes police departments will take them for kids in crisis. They aren't too picky about size and a snuggle-lovey might be just the perfect thing for kids going through family struggles or being out of their home due to fire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute blankets! Dee’s suggestion is a good one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

QUILTS FOR KIDS . ORG

I almost finished the girls' kit at quilting group yesterday.   Isn't it sweet?  The fabrics coordinate so nicely,  even if I am not...