Thursday, January 18, 2024

HASTE MAKES WASTE!

Adages stand the test of time.  This one perfectly fits this situation about me and this shawl.  I had bought two skeins of yarn to make this shawl according to the pattern;  then I changed the needle size to give the shawl more drape.  When I used up the first skein, I could see the shawl would be too short.  So my late-at-night self thought the solution was to rip it back and make it narrower.  So the next morning, I ripped it back and when there were only 6" left, I had a critical thought--I had loved the width, the drape and the look of the shawl so why didn't I just think to buy another cake of yarn? --BUY ANOTHER SKEIN ?!  I didn't need to rip it out!  So I stopped whining to myself, mostly, and began crocheting it again! 
 I have finally hit the mark where I started the second skein and then some.  It is going well and I will pick up another skein soon.
I need to wait and make all decisions earlier in the day!
 

4 comments:

  1. I can relate. After a year of work, I frogged that entire Gray Blob after it was nearly a finished cardi because I thought it would be too small. I hate to admit it, but after seeing Son at New Year's I realized it most likely would have fit him perfectly. The measurements he sent me were way off. He's a lot thinner than he cares to admit. If only I had waited and tried it on him first. But no....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brains definitely have limitations! Beautiful yarn and pattern. -Marsel

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I just assumed you couldn't get more. Oh well, we've all done it I am sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

QUILTS FOR KIDS . ORG

I almost finished the girls' kit at quilting group yesterday.   Isn't it sweet?  The fabrics coordinate so nicely,  even if I am not...