Saturday, January 13, 2024

JUST CUTTING UP!

So I popped in to my local quilt store
 and instead of walking out with this $6 piece of fabric
 for the binding which was all that was on my list, 
I ended up with this bundle for a 3-yard quilt because the woman at the cutting counter told me to take it into the restroom and turn out the light!  Yup, it glows in the dark!  But not just weird colors but delicate designs that show off the mushrooms and the white fabric even has fairy ferns that glow!  I just had to have it-including the pattern which will show off large portions of the mushrooms!  That employee is making them rich!
I went to a friend's house and we cut a bunch of fabric strips preparing for Alycia's  Mystery QAL.
And then she wanted me to take home these 'sample' to stage as backgrounds for the Dahlia quilt.  She buys fabric wholesale so really does have a quilt store's worth of fabric.  
She also keeps me busy with QOV tops to quilt!  What  a fabric-perfect day!
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow.....I would never dare walk into a shop like that. I'm not even letting myself look at the latest Connecting Thread catalog. I've got a bad case of startitis that I've been fighting for weeks now. I want all the stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely fabrics and I enjoyed hearing the plans for it. You are lucky to have lots of friends that share your hobbies with.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Way!! Oh, I gotta go find some of that and try it out! LOL. Lovely fabrics and how cool to know a "wholesaler" Bwahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glow in the Dark!!! How cool is that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

QUILTS FOR KIDS . ORG

I almost finished the girls' kit at quilting group yesterday.   Isn't it sweet?  The fabrics coordinate so nicely,  even if I am not...