Monday, January 15, 2024

STOP, DROP AND ROLL

I began this pretty ripple variation called Mango Sorbet Stole
 and had a grand time until it got this big and I held it up to admire it.  It didn't drape--it was more like armor!
  I ripped it out and moved up a few hook sizes.
Ahhh, yes, the drape was just right but when I began the second cake of yarn, I thought it looked awful short for a straight shawl.  Yup, it is only going to be 52" long 
and that is way too short for my liking.
I also measured the width and it was way too wide--that's the problem that ate all the yardage up!  I am ripping it all out and starting again.  I will make it 6" narrower to be about 19" so that it will be about 20-21" after blocking. 
It's a good thing I like the rhythm of the pattern! 
 I will have made it twice by the time I'm done!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I feel your pain. Only my ripping was seams because I sewed it wrong 3 times!!!! 4th was the charm. I don't know where my head was, but it wasn't on adding a side triangle to make my quilt on point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Too bad it's been being naughty. It seems like you've got the best of it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so pretty and looks like it's fun to crochet though, so I'm guessing you don't really mind do you? I had the same issue with my prayer shawl that I finished last night. I was trying to watch a good movie and kept making mistakes. It's done and off the hook though and I've started a new project. A lapghan in manly colors for the nursing home. I tried to duplicate the colors from one of the new Red Heart continuous granny square yarn. The ends are tedious, but I'm not in a race and I'm trying to enjoy the process.
    Take care.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve been there before too but it’s always best to get it right, or to your liking, before going forward. Love the colors and pattern ☺️

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

EPIDENDRUM

The view outside my studio patio doors--the very large area of epidendrum! In common flower vernacular, it is a ground orchid.   The slighte...