Thursday, January 18, 2024

SOME GOOD STUFF

The quilt for QOV is off the frame and just needs me to bind it--
I will be doing it today!
I made some major progress with last year's Shop Hop quilt.
  I will finish stitching it together today, too.
I did some wandering around outside in between some drizzles
 and found some radishes to nibble on!
And I didn't pick it, but there were 5 skinny beans growing! 
 The weather has been horrid for my beans to grow--and then they were attacked by something that nibbled off all of the leaves.  Since then we've had a row of Swiss Chard disappear, too, and Bill thinks it is deer who are also enjoying my raised bed
 so they don't have to bend over either!!!! 
 Time to hang some soap and hair in the row to discourage them!
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh those veg! I just got my seed order in, but it's weeks before I can start anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts! Those radishes look so yummy. I was never a fan but lately I've been enjoying them. Deer were a big problem for me too. I think my growing days are over. They won.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a great QOV - and radishes!! how cool!! I forget other places can grow things in the winter haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

EPIDENDRUM

The view outside my studio patio doors--the very large area of epidendrum! In common flower vernacular, it is a ground orchid.   The slighte...