Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Summer Sunflower Tank


Ta Da!
The summery Sunflower Tank is off the needles and ready to wear;
It didn't take as much time to pick up the stitches
along the armholes and neckline
and knit the I-cord bind off
as
it did to seam this thing! lol
I designed this using the software from The Sweater Wizard
and the measurements from a summer top I love.
It is soft and has a nice drape;
knitting it in an easy K3P1 rib helps the cotton to keep its shape
and not stretch out as the day wears on.
The open side seams keeps it from hugging a tummy too tightly
and gives a bit of swing to the hemline.
It's a win and I will try this pattern again!

STATS:
yarn-TLC Cotton Plus (51% cotton/49%acrylic) worsted weight   3.5 oz    2 skeins
#8 needles


10 comments:

  1. That turned out really well! Great shade of yarn, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. That should help you beat the summer heat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is just an amazing lovely perfect finish. WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent! You're going to enjoy wearing it throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! That was fast. It looks so fun and summery. That color is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's perfect!! Now I want some orange sherbet!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! That is a gorgeous sweater. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love this beautiful sweater. Great color.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...