Friday, September 6, 2019

Cleaning up; Post-Dorian

 The front porch has been reorganized, cleaned and thinned down--it is easy to get too many pots
along the long walk and it closes in on me!  
Tomorrow, I will begin to weed the garden in front of the porch--
I have to take advantage of the early morning because the temperatures are going to soar again.
 I did something for the sheer joy of it--I bought a fairy house with a few residents!
I put a little frog inside (figurine not real!) for a surprise.
I set this on the base of a big pot holding my Corn Plant.
 When I was completely exhausted, 
I cooled off in the pool and then came in to knit a pair of mittens!
That is too funny to me!  
I couldn't imagine needing to wear a pair of these any time soon!
I used an acrylic skein for these charity mittens-
 The mittens won't match but will be fun to wear, I think. 
 These will fit a 8-10 year old.
See what I mean!  
I want to see if I can get a pair of mittens and a matching hat from the one skein.
The mittens are style one from a machine knitting course I am doing right now.
It is good to learn something new each week or so!
What have you learned this week?!

10 comments:

  1. Cute little fairy house! And a frog inside is perfect. Cute mittens too. I chuckled over cooling off in the pool and then knitting mittens. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute mittens!
    I've learned that it's not only possible to survive 9 days all alone but it's actually not bad. It all comes to an end tomorrow. Sigh. Araignee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sweet little fairy house...and the mittens. They will be perfect for an elementary child. Bright and happy. Thank you for making them for a charity. I make most of my mittens when it's hot out. Small projects are better than blankets, etc., in the heat of the summer so mittens are perfect.
    Have a great Friday.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fairy house and the nice surprise inside. I haven't knit mittens in years and still wear the ones I made for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you weathered the storm well!
    I love your little fairy garden!
    The mitts look nice and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is funny --- swim and then knit winter-wear! LOL

    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...what did I learn? Don't eat BBQ at the new place. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are safe. What kind of thumb is that? Looks easy and fun??!!! Some child will love those!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you were safe from the storm. I love the mittens they are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you weathered the storm and are safe! We had a humdinger here on Saturday evening with tons of lightning which is most unusual. Love your fairy house and the mittens. So great you are taking a course on your machine! Yesterday I learned that I really messed up on a toe of a sock I thought I'd finished. Guess what I did today?

    ReplyDelete
  10. The porch looks wonderful!!! I always wanted to do a fairy house with Abigail, but we never have...maybe we still should! It would be so pretty under any number of our blooming plants. Where did you find yours? Love the colors of those mittens. They are not typical mitten-colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...