Thursday, September 5, 2019

Ogre's Ears!

 Isn't this a pretty succulent?!
It is called Ogre's Ears!  What a great name.
It is a gift from my neighbor;  
I hope it is hardy because I would really like this one to make it!
 I enjoyed building my honeycombs yesterday--they go together more slowly because of the Y seams but at least they are going together very accurately!
And Gladys about did me on on that foolish heel!
Give me a toe-up sock any day!!!!!!!!
The heel and gusset gobbled up much more yarn, it was thick and clunky,
and the numbers didn't work out over and over.
I ripped it out and did a short row heel and now I am way down the foot!
Knitter, know thyself!
I might just knit the other sock toe-up and see how it turns out! HA!

9 comments:

  1. What is it about succulents that is so satisfying?! Come to think of it, the hexagons fitting together are very satisfying, too. I don’t remember you ever loving any forays into top-down sock knitting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an cute little plant. It's more like a little pet! That sock is just gorgeous. Sorry it's being naughty. Araignee

    ReplyDelete
  3. That plant DOES look like Shrek's ear. Cool.

    I do my own heel on almost every sock. Some people just try to make the patterns so difficult or silly. Simple (and what you like) is still best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the darling Ogre's Ear plant. I wonder if it blooms?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those remind me of Shrek! and the crafts are so so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard of that plant before but it's very appropriately named. :-) I prefer top down, probably because that's how I learned to make socks. Isn't it funny how we all have our preferences and still end up with a sock you can wear? Yours is really pretty and I'm loving the hexigons
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like Dee, I pretty much do my "regular" heel on a sock no matter what the pattern. I've even bought the Fish Lips Kiss pattern and never tried it - lol. The sock really is pretty. I did the top part of that pattern on a sock and just loved it. Interesting plant...I, too, wonder if it blooms?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have one of those succulents - but I didn't know it's name! I find the key to succulents is the right soil and resist the urge to water too much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bee quilt, such pretty golds. Sorry about the sock fits, but when we stay true to ourselves we do better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...