Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Quilt s Coming and Going!

I joined the ladies quilting group in our community center yesterday!
How nice it was to be with other women, 
working away at piecing quilt tops 
and sharing what we were working on.
How wonderful.
In fact, this one was finished in such good time,
I came right home and worked on another charm pack at the design wall.
I will have to cut some solids to go with this one but the bones are good so far!
This one was finished the other day;
here is proof that free motion quilting improves
after washing! lol
All of my wavy lines and mismatched border work just serves its
real purpose after all-to hold the layers together!

7 comments:

  1. It's so much fun to be with other ladies. I was in a knitting group that I just loved but it disbanded. I would love to find another.
    The quilts are all gorgeous but my favorite always goes to the pink one. It turned out beautifully.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so miss a knitting group. I had one years ago but now we have all gone our own way and its sad. I am not sure anyone is even knitting anymore, besides me that is. Enjoy your new club and new lady friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always a fun time when crafters get together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The finished quilt looks great!
    I recognize some of those fabrics on your design wall. I made a starburst quilt with that line!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so fun to get together with like-minded folk! Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the crinkled appearance a quilt gets after laundering. Your quilting looks superb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy to hear that. The job I'm doing on my Dresden leaves a lot to be desired. I am hoping it will just crinkle up and disappear.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

POST SURGERY TIME

I was able to get a ton of knitting time in  while in the Surgery Center with Bill yesterday!   He did well but it is harder to have surgery...