Saturday, September 28, 2019

Flower Wind Down

 An early morning walk about the yard brought me to the last rose-
and old-fashioned one that has a scent of utter rosefulness!
 The fog was just lifting-everything was dewy and crisp....
 The dahlia is tall and showy;  such a beauty.
 I love the way geraniums smell!  It is an acquired smell!
 The begonias are still going strong-I think most of these flowers will do so until the first frost.
Dad cuts this one back and it winters in the cellar and he brings it back out in the Spring!
I love the hens and chicks--it will go well with my rock garden in Florida! 
The funeral is today.
Enough said.

7 comments:

  1. Those flowers are just gorgeous. My thoughts are with you on this sad day. May her memory be a blessing. Hugs to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers.
    I hope your day is full of hugs and lovely memories

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are enjoying your travels even though it is for a difficult occasion. Wishing you and your family peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers and I thank you for sharing them with us. Prayers for all of your family.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dahlia is simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The reason for the visit is unwanted, but a tour of Grandpa’s flowers is always a welcome thing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...