Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Thumbs Up!

 I had a slight internet problem so this didn't load this morning!  Any way-
Here is a tale of two mittens!
When you experiment in colors sometimes you have a fail--t
he mitten on the right just looks washed out 
because all of the colors are the same medium tone! 
The mitten on the left has the same design 
but the background is white and makes the design pop!
It is easier to experiment on the knitting machine because a mitten is done in an hour.
 The grey yarn didn't work with the knitting machine--see all of the dropped stitches?!
The wool was Palette from KnitPicks which I normally love for Fair Isle work
 but it didn't stay in the needle hooks on the machine.  
So now I know!
 The design here uses KnitPicks Stroll for the white
 and Patons Kroy Sock in Blue Stripes for the  stars.
 
 The green yarn is just waste yarn to hold the live stitches
 so I can pick up stitches for the thumb-
also done on the machine. 
 The top I will use Kitchener stitch to close it up.
Here is the completed thumb, now to seam up the top and down the side.
The mitten class is a good canvas for experimenting and learning new techniques!
Now to make the second mitten and have it match! lol

8 comments:

  1. That's going to be a very pretty set of mittens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you can do those on a knitting machine! Amazingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is interesting. I didn't realize that stitches could be dropped on a knitting machine! I actually like both mittens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Kroy works great for the stars! Any idea why the grey dropped so many stitches?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you know the camera trick for using colors? It really helps when judging color intensity.

    The blue/white one is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are gorgeous mittens. The white yarn looks perfect and I like how the Kroy changed colors.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. That mitten would have taken me a year at least to finish!! I am in awe of your machine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just can't believe you can create that with a knitting machine, amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...