Tuesday, September 3, 2019

TNT


The little embroidery from Wal-Mart,
a JanLynn Needlecraft Design,
is finished and ready to hang on the wall.
There is only one little hitch-I don't have a hoop to mound it in!
One is too large and the other too small!
It will rest in this one until I can get out to the store again!
I can wait!
I'm also forcing myself to work on this old, old, old crewel kit.
If it didn't have a pattern of so much satin fill stitch,
I would just do this in outline stitch and enjoy it more.
I still might play with breaking up this pattern
so I will finally finish it.
This is a kit to make a purse-
I even have the hardware still after all of these decades!

9 comments:

  1. Pretty stitching. The crewel piece is interesting. Do you have a picture from the kit of what it will look like when finished?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those little birds. My great grandma stitched all her linens and those Walmart kits remind me so much of them. I used to love to lay in bed with her pillowcases making up stories about the little critters she would stitch on the ends. Araignee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crewel embroidery was a passion of mine decades ago, too. Try some other stitches (feather, crouching, chain, etc,) instead of the satin stitch to fill in the larger areas. The dark fabric would be a challenge to stitch, but the bright colors look great on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've several "old" embroideries still in my boxes to be finished one day! I might not like working on them for years, but one day I'll be ready for them.. I hope you won't suffer too much damage with that "visitor" - good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I have 1 crewel piece that I did years ago, I made it into a hanging pillow that hangs from a knob on my Armoire. But doubtful I will ever do another.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really miss embroidery. The little birds are so sweet and I would love to have them on a wall where I could see them all of the time. Do you have a kit with a picture of the purse? I think that would be really interesting to see.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun! Do you think crewel will ever be popular again? I have some unfinished projects, too. Oh, for more time! Brave you, stitching on black!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...