Sunday, September 8, 2019

Curcuma Beauty

 Look at how beautiful this plant it is!
It is a perennial; 
one I had never heard of but I loved the height and long blooming time for this plant.
It is doing great and I love learning about a new plant!
 Here is something I don't do too often--bake!
It is a Ghirardelli Brownie mix--Caramel Turtle--but you put the mix into cupcake papers,
saving the caramel for the frosting. 
 The recipe is on the box--it has been tempting me for months so
I gave it a go today when my youngest son and family came for a visit today--it was beyond superb!
Give it a try!
And after a day of snuggles, fun and swimming,
I enjoyed a good sit and knit on my socks that will never end!

10 comments:

  1. Gladys is looking good.

    The flower is beautiful. Is it in the trillium family?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cupcakes look so good!!!
    I love those socks. You are tempting me to want a pair like that but I don't think I have the patience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've used that mix before, love it! The hat is adorable, and you are right, the honeycomb quilt needs bee fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful kitty. She looks very cuddly. Oh, the cupcakes! Yum!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cupcakes look delicious. Glad you had a nice visit with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not need the suggestion for those cupcakes - lol! They do look delicious. And that is one gorgeous flower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is there a scent to the pretty white flower?
    And I love your socks. The gansey like pattern is beautiful on a plain color/ Perfect Choice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ghirardelli brownie mixes are the best, aren't they? We love the double chocolate ones. Gladys is a fun pattern, isn't it? Love that flower and the fact that it will come back next year! It kind of looks like a type of lily.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you know what the flower is? It’s very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...