Thursday, September 19, 2019

One Down and One to Go!

Seaming up the mitten wasn't as easy
as I thought but slow and steady and all that...
I think on the next mitten I will be trying a different tip
than this one which is done like the toe of a sock.
I should've tried another method so that there
wasn't a line of solid color across the palm side 
where I did the Kitchener stitch--I can't imagine doing
that stitch in colorwork!!!
As with hand knitting, 
the mitten needed blocking to meld all of those stitches together.
Mine is blocking now and is nice and relaxed and pleasing!
I will make the second mitten like this but then try another style top for
my next pair because there will be more!

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty! No need for these in FL though, right??

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! Still amazed that this is done on a machine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have taken a great step in learning more about machine knitting. It has such detail. I love it even with the line from grafting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...