Sunday, September 22, 2019

Gansey Socks

The Gladys Socks are finished;
I didn't enjoy them as much as I had the first time I made them
I think it has to do with the smaller needles and the tougher yarn;
Paton's Kroy is not as soft as KnitPicks Stroll.
They will make a very comfortable and warm pair of socks this winter, nonetheless.
 I continued the center seed stitch area all the way to the tip of the toe!
These are top down socks over 64 stitches with a number 2.0 mm needles.
I used all but a few yards of each skein for the pair.
I cast on a pair of toe-up socks in the new Fall yarn,
 Berrocco Comfort Sock which is a cotton/acrylic blend. 
 And right away, it was obvious the pattern I chose was a lot of work for little visual results.
I ripped back and am making it plain stockinette which will be a relief from all of the texture!

7 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness! I adore those socks. I can only imagine how much work they were. The new yarn is pretty too, but to do a lot of texture with it would be hard. You made a good decision there.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!!! They really are something special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your socks turned out beautifully. I love the color and your new socks are going to be great, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely socks. Sometimes the less-soft yarn shows the patterns better (looking for a glimmer of hope!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Gladys socks are beautiful.

    I only did a portion of the pattern when I knit those socks. I did the part between the purl ridges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Gladys pattern. Like Dee, I only did a portion of the pattern though. Yours turned out great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...