Monday, September 2, 2019

The Results are Socks

 The machine knit tube over 60 needles has become a pair of socks!
These are customized socks for my oldest granddaughter, Abigail!
Made from two skeins (1 1/2 really) of KnitPicks Felici yarn in the Great Gatsby colorway.
Since this is still experimental to me,
I didn't think to repeat the colors to the right point to make
the socks matching but she won't mind, 
I hope! lol
I used the same knitting pattern to decrease the toes and heels-
Kitchener stitching to close both..
I have cast on a new pair of socks to be made by hand this time-
I am missing some fancy stitching!
I am knitting Gladys by General Hogbuffer.
The Flax colorway from  Paton Kroy yarn.
#1 needles (2.25mm) over 64 stitches.
More to come but if I go silent-
know I am well ;
just in the middle of a 
visit with Dorian!

9 comments:

  1. Nice socks! Stay safe. I've been glued to the TV all weekend. What a mess. Those videos out of the Bahamas are horrifying. Araignee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love not matching socks. Hope you are out of harm's way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gladys is a GREAT pattern. Can't wait to see it come along.

    Hope Dorian isn't too mean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing wrong with a good pair of fraternal socks! She will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun socks! Do you knit the heels and toes by hand? Send Dorian to the east; you don't need a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck on surviving whatever Dorian throws at you, sorry, bad pun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those Felici socks and glad you're doing some old fashioned knitting. :-) . Praying for safety for you as Dorian passes by.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...