Sunday, September 15, 2019

Oblivion




I'm here-I had a visit from my son and the boys Friday night to stay overnight;
we had a wonderful time--Fridays were always pizza and movie night 
so we relived the tradition!

But Saturday morning, both boys woke up with fever and sore throats and littlest guy was vomiting!

Dad weathered the Saturday backlog at the Urgent care and got them in for exam and meds.

The rest of the day was spent snuggling sick boys and cleaning up vomit!

I wouldn't have traded the time for anything!
 When they went to the doctors, 
I continued my uphill climb on learning to do Fair Isle on the knitting machine.  
This is a mitten fail-but, I am learning a lot!
  And not making the same mistake more than three times! 
 I have already ripped this one out and tried again,
Then one of the yarn strands broke and I lost half of the stitches, 
picked them up onto a knitting needle
 and loaded them back on the machine 
when the boys arrived back here--I will try again on Monday!

So that's what I have been  doing-precious little of anything else.

I am going to do some hand knitting in the recliner right now-that sock is still staring at me!
(I'm also going to catch-up on my blog list, too!)

6 comments:

  1. Oh, wow....that is going to be amazing once you get it. You look awfully close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everyone is feeling better! Fair isle on the machine is kind of blowingmy mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful mitten and will be wonderful when you get it all figured out.
    I hope the boys are recovering and you don't get it.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no doubt you will conquer that mitten! But I know the boys will always win over crafting in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fairisle on a machine - I bet that's a challenge!
    I hope the boys are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear that the boys are feeling poorly. Hope they are better soon.

    Enjoy that knitting time. You EARNED it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...