Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Needle at Work

Yesterday,  I managed to do a bit of time at the quilting group;
while a shadow of my usual self, I did piece the woven blocks top.
It will have some narrow borders added as soon as I go to the fabric store.
 And I was able to piece this many of the illusions blocks.
Even in pain, it was nice to see all the others and their projects at work.
We meet only minutes from my home so I knew I could head out and be home, if needed.
 I only have three more of the printed center blocks and then I can seam this one.
It , too, will need some narrow borders to finish the top.  
What a nice, clean look these flour-sack-reproduction prints give these quilts!

6 comments:

  1. Both the tops look wonderful! Such pretty colors...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like window panes! So pretty and cheerful. I hope today is a better day for you.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got out, even if you weren't 100%. Sometimes a change of scenery does you good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Though a lot of my preferences in colors and styles have changed through the years, I have never lost my love for flour-sack fabrics. Those are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLANS AND REVISIONS

I knit the sleeve (top up) and realized that I would prefer the sleeve line up with the same color of the body. See how the shading of the  ...